Where "Shhhhh!" isn't allowed!
Family Hope Foundation and Celebration! Cinema present a unique movie experience for individuals with special needs and their families.
Enjoy a disability-friendly environment where everyone is welcome to be who they are!
Spring 2015 Update:
Celebration! Cinema is expanding our 'Sensory Screenings' to five more theatres so many more families can enjoy time out of the house together! We couldn't be happier that our wonderful partner values this program and is compelled to support special families across West Michigan! Theatres now participating are:
- Celebration! Cinema North in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema South in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema Crossroads in Portage
- Celebration! Cinema Lansing
- Celebration! Cinema Mt. Pleasant
- Cinema Carousel in Muskegon
With an audience of your peers, special families can enjoy something fun together that you might not typically be able to do. Brighter lights, lower sound, no previews and a group of people who understand your child’s disability will make this family outing enjoyable for everyone!
- 10:30 a.m. showing
- Regular matinee pricing - Friends of Family Hope Foundation, click here to print a barcode for $2 off the ticket price!
all movies in 2D and Open Caption
- Seating questions can be directed to the box office
Upcoming Movies - 2015
- April 4 - Home
- May 9 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
- June 27 - Inside Out
- July 18 - Minions
- August 15 - Fantastic Four
- September 26 - Hotel Transylvania 2
- October 17 - The Jungle Book
- November 14 - The Peanuts Movie
- December 12 - The Good Dinosaur
- January 2, 2016 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
SAVE THE DATE! Special Families Fun Fest, October 24, 2015 from 10am-4pm
The DeltaPlex Arena and Family Hope Foundation are excited to offer the fourth annual Special Families Fun Fest. Once again, Fun Fest will provide a low-cost, low-stress day filled with resources and fun activities perfect for the whole family of individuals with special needs, no matter their age or disability. This event focuses on details special families need: quiet rooms, accessible bathrooms, sensory room, sign language interpreters, and volunteers at every exit.
Location and Details
2015 Event Attractions
2015 Stage Show Schedule for the Day
Want to get involved?
Contributing to Special Families Fun Fest will impact lives of special needs families and help bring a joyful, stress-free day for attendees. We would be happy to accept any monetary or prize donations and volunteers.
To volunteer please call: (616) 364-9000 or click here.
For donations or organizations servicing the special needs community who are interested in having a booth at the resource fair, contact Lara Kitts at (616) 780-3839 or through our Contact page here.