JQ99 & The Pledge Radio Want to IMPACT Family Hope Foundation!
JQ99.3 & The Pledge radio stations chose Family Hope Foundation to benefit from their Impact Month - a drive to educate their listeners about what it means to raise a child with special needs, to raise awareness of the comunity need and to make an impact on that need through scholarships for therapy and family fun!
Families of individuals with special needs will enjoy a day at the Whitecaps baseball park, due to the generosity of JQ & The Pledge listeners who support the Impact Month drive for Family Hope Foundation!
- Sunday, May 29, 2016; 1:00 game time
- Free tickets will be available for families of individuals with special needs beginning May 9 at 9:00am. You must reserve your tickets at www.FHF2016whitecaps.eventbrite.com. First-come, first-served.
- We have the entire Pioneer Deck reserved for our families to enjoy space, activities and community with other families.
Gates open to the deck for our families at 11:45 - parking is directly behind the deck.
- Players will be on the first base line signing autographs from 12:15-12:30pm. You can bring your own glove and ball and play catch in the outfield before the game.
- Free all you can eat hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and drinks from 12:30-2pm.
- Game starts at 1:00.
- Children can run (or wheel) the bases after the game!
Where "Shhhhh!" isn't allowed!
Family Hope Foundation and Celebration! Cinema present a unique movie experience for individuals with special needs and their families.
Enjoy a disability-friendly environment where everyone is welcome to be who they are!
With an audience of your peers, special families can enjoy something fun together that you might not typically be able to do. Brighter lights, lower sound, limited previews and a group of people who understand your child’s disability will make this family outing enjoyable for everyone!
- 10:30 a.m. showing
- Regular matinee pricing - Friends of Family Hope Foundation, click here to print a barcode for $2 off the ticket price!
all movies in 2D and Open Caption
- Seating questions can be directed to the box office
Theatres now participating are:
- Celebration! Cinema North in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema South in Grand Rapids
- Celebration! Cinema Crossroads in Portage
- Celebration! Cinema Lansing
- Celebration! Cinema Mt. Pleasant
- Celebration! Cinema Benton Harbor
- Cinema Carousel in Muskegon
Upcoming Movies - 2015/2016 (Subject to change, always check back before coming!)
- November 14 - The Peanuts Movie
- December 12 - The Good Dinosaur
- January 2, 2016 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- January 23 - Norm of the North
- February 13 - Kung Fu Panda 3- The Weight is Over
- March 12 - Zootopia
- April 23 -The Jungle Book
- May 21 - The Angry Birds Movie
- June 25 - Finding Dory
SAVE THE DATE!
Special Families Fun Fest, Saturday, October 15, 2016 from 10am-4pm
The DeltaPlex Arena and Family Hope Foundation are excited to offer the fifth annual Special Families Fun Fest. Once again, Fun Fest will provide a low-cost, low-stress day filled with resources and fun activities perfect for the whole family of individuals with special needs, no matter their age or disability. This event focuses on details special families need: quiet rooms, accessible bathrooms, sensory room and volunteers at every exit.
Want to get involved?
Contributing to Special Families Fun Fest will impact lives of special needs families and help bring a joyful, stress-free day for attendees. We would be happy to accept any monetary or prize donations and volunteers.
To volunteer please call: (616) 364-9000 or click here.
For donations or organizations servicing the special needs community who are interested in having a booth at the resource fair, contact Lara Kitts at (616) 780-3839 or through our Contact page here.